At LBTS6 our mission is to ensure your progression into a future professional career (usually through a university route). As such, we have several unique features which enable us to stand out from other 6th forms and colleges. These include:
Guaranteed conditional places on many degree courses through a progression agreement for LBTS6 students who apply to Kings College and London South Bank University
- A mentoring scheme across a number of businesses and Industries so that you will benefit from a long term mentor relationship with someone directly linked to your future ambitions.
- Formal links with numerous universities to provide you with valuable advice, guidance and experiences that lead to successful university applications
- Opportunities to attend university workshops and seminars, meet with university professors and admissions tutors and network with business and industry professionals.
- Opportunities for work placements throughout your course
- Outstanding teaching and support to enable you to achieve your academic potential
In addition, our A Level and BTEC courses have been planned in consultation with university professors, faculty heads and staff responsible for university admissions. This means that your course is directly linked with study at university.
Unlike other 6th forms, at LBTS6 you can choose a combination of courses, including A Levels and BTEC Level 3 Diplomas (which are equivalent to 1, 2 or 3 A Levels, depending on your chosen course). Course choices for Year 12 and Year 13 may include:
- 3 A Levels + 1 AS Level
- 2 A Levels + BTEC L3 Subsidiary Diploma (equivalent to 1 A Level)
- 1 A Level + BTEC L3 Diploma (Diploma = equivalent to 2 A Levels)
- 2 AS Levels + BTEC L3 Diploma (Diploma = equivalent to 2 A Levels)