These films show our Aim, Vision, Objectives, Ethos and Values in practice.
Aim, Vision, Objectives, Ethos and Values in practice from LBTS on Vimeo.
Our aim states the core purpose of the school
To transform the life chances of all our students.
Our vision describes what the school will look like in 5 years time. It is informed by our values
Lilian Baylis Technology School will continue to be the first choice for the local community because it continues to meet the needs of all its students. In order to do this we will:
- Develop our curriculum to ensure that all students follow a curriculum which meets their individual needs. In particular we will develop our 'LBTS5' life skills programme to support students take personal responsibility and prepare for the future.
- Continue to develop our distinctive Lilian Baylis Technology School teaching methodology by understanding the different ways students learn, through better use of assessment and by making good use of new technologies to ensure students achieve.
- Enhance our support for students and families who need additional help through partnership with other organisations and in doing so ensure equality.
We will be proud when all our students leave us with a strong ambition, a clear vision of their future and the capacity to achieve it.
Our objectives state how we will work towards our aim and vision over the next 3 years. They are supported by a detailed yearly action plan
- Ensure equality through action
- Maximise the achievement of all students
- Learning through a broad, balanced, relevant and personalised curriculum
- An active partnership with parents and the wider community
- Develop, responsible and considerate citizens
- Provide a secure and stimulating environment
- Develop the self confidence and identity of all our students
OUR ETHOS AND VALUES
Our 4 core values guide all our thinking and create our unique ethos
- EQUALITY : To ensure that all members of the school community are treated fairly regardless of disability, gender, age, sexuality, religion or ethnicity.
- ACHIEVEMENT: To unlock the potential in all students so they can achieve in all areas of school life.
- PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY: To ensure that everyone makes a positive contribution to the school and the wider community of which they are a part.
- PREPARING FOR THE FUTURE: To support the development of all our students into healthy, confident, independent, thinking adults.