Working in partnership with universities is a central part of what we do at LBTS6. The majority of LBTS6 students will progress to university and we aim to make that transition as smooth as possible for you. For this reason we have developed close partnerships with several London universities, including:
- Kings College London (KCL)
- Goldsmiths University
- London South Bank University
- University College London (UCL)
- City University
- Birkbeck University
These partnerships provide LBTS6 students with a variety of possibilities to enhance your own university applications, including:
- Guaranteed conditional places on many degree courses through a progression agreement for LBTS6 students who apply to Kings College and London South Bank University
- Meetings with admissions tutors for advice on making a successful University application
- Mentoring from university undergraduates who will take you around campus, introduce you to their professors and talk you through both university life and the application process.
- University taster sessions where you attend a number of lectures, tutorials and seminars in various degree courses •A national programme of “realising opportunities” from 12 of the top UK universities. Successful completion of the programme will allow you to receive additional recognition for your university application
- A ‘Learning to Learn’ university skills programme at LSBU. Successful completion of this will earn you UCAS tariff points which are taken into consideration in the LSBU offer.
In fact, LBTS6 is the first Into University sponsored 6th form. This means that we enjoy a special partnership with this growing charity who will provide you with career advice, mentoring, university experiences and even academic support.
We also have dedicated LBTS6 staff who will ensure that you are guided through the university application process, from selecting the right course to writing your personal statement, as well as help in applying for financial bursaries and scholarships.