In Y7 and Y8 students are awarded a grade based on their level of learning. The grades are understanding, remembering, applying, analyzing, evaluating and creating. Remembering is the lowest grade and creating is the highest grade. These can be awarded with a + or a -.
In Y7 9-13 students are awarded a grade based on on the exam course they are following. These can be awarded with a + or a - and are as follows:
- In Y12 and 13: A level and AS level : A*, A, B, C, D, and E
- In Y12 aand 13: BTEC level 3: Distinction*, Distinction, Merit and Pass
- In Y7-11 for courses leading to a GCSE: A grade using the new GCSE grades of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- In Y9-11 for courses leading to a BTEC or VCERT: Distinction, Merit, Pass and level 1 Pass
- Students are awarded an effort grade of excellent (Ex) good (G), varaible (V) or poor (P)
HOW IS STUDENT'S WORK MARKED AND ASSESSED?
- Classwork is marked at least every 2 weeks and corrections or next steps, called TICKS, are given
- Home learning is marked each time it is completed
- At the end of every unit, students' work is graded and an effort grade is given
- A unit is every half term, except for Y8 drama and music and Y7/8 RS and computing where a unit is every term.