In Y7 and Y8 students are awarded a grade based on their level of learning. The grades are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9. These can be awarded with a + or a -.
In Y9-13 students are awarded a grade based on on the exam course they are following. These can be awarded with a + or a - and are as follows:
- In Y12 and 13: A level and AS level : A*, A, B, C, D, and E
- In Y12 aand 13: BTEC level 3: Distinction*, Distinction, Merit and Pass
- In Y7-11 for courses leading to a GCSE: A grade using the new GCSE grades of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9
- In Y9-11 for courses leading to a BTEC or VCERT: Distinction, Merit, Pass and level 1 Pass
- Students are awarded an effort grade of excellent (Ex) good (G), varaible (V) or poor (P)
HOW IS STUDENT'S WORK MARKED AND ASSESSED?
- Classwork is marked at least every 2 weeks and corrections or next steps, called TICKS, are given
- Home learning is marked each time it is completed
- At the end of every unit, students' work is graded and an effort grade is given
- A unit is every half term, except for Y8 Drama and Music and Y7/8 RS, Art/Food/DT and Computing where a unit is every term.