CURRICULUM COMPLAINTS POLICY
Carers/Parents should use this complaints procedure if they believe that either the LA or school Governing Body is failing to:
- Provide access to the National Curriculum, including Religious Education and Collective Worship and its assessment for a particular pupil in the school
- Follow the law on charging for school activities
- Offer only approved qualifications or syllabuses
- Provide religious education and collective worship
- Provide the information to parents about the curriculum
- Carry out any other statutory duty relating to the curriculum
Curriculum Complaints Policy
LAMBETH SCHOOLS COMPLAINTS POLICY
Carers/Parents should use the complaints procedure below for all areas except the curriculum which is covered in the curriculum complaints policy above.
Please note however:
- Admissions. These are managed by Lambeth Council. Complainants should contact Lambeth Council directly.
- Exclusions. The appeal process is detailed in all exclusion letters. Complainants should follow the guidance in the exclusion letter.
- Education Health Plan (EHCP). The appeal process is detailed when an EHCP is issued or when one is not issued after an application has been made for one. Complainants should follow the guidance in the letter issued with the EHCP or the EHCP rejection letter
- Special education provision. The complaints procedure below applies to any complaints about SEN provision. Parents should however feel free to contact the Headteacher directly if they have any concerns regarding SEN provision for their child before making a formal complaint
- School records on individual students.The school abides by the Data Protection Act and parents can request to see the records held for their child by contacting Tracey Ellis. Contact details are on our contacts page.
- Allegations of misconduct or abuse against a member of staff. Complainants should contact the Headteacher immediately either in person, by email, by letter or by phone. Where the allegation is against the Headteacher complainants should contact the Chair of Governors care of Tracey Ellis. Contact details are on our contacts page. Complainants should feel free to contact the Police and/or the Lambeth Council Schools Safeguarding Officers. They are Denys Rasmussen (0207 926 8915 email@example.com) and Sarwan Singh Jandu (0207 926 9643 firstname.lastname@example.org).
Schools Complaints Policy and Procedure